Digital Marketing and IT Assessor Trainer
Our client is a superb apprenticeship training provider who requires a Digital Marketing Trainer / Assessor to train, coach, inspire, mentor, deliver and assess the knowledge and competency of their learners throughout their apprenticeship frameworks and standards.
- Up to £32,000 pa (Negotiable, based on experience)
- Laptop & Mobile phone provided
- Company car or £350 allowance
- Fuel card (business use)
- Field based role
About the role:
- Progress learners through their qualifications visiting learners on a monthly basis ensuring learners complete their apprenticeship within timely completion measures
- Deliver Maths, English and ICT functional skills qualifications at level 2 or the required level to achieve the framework/standard
- Maintain a minimum caseload of 40 learners in line with company learner impact goals
- Induct, enrol learners onto their chosen apprenticeship frameworks/standards
- Conduct lead generation and sales and marketing activities as per company requirements
- Deliver and facilitate training, assessment, coaching and mentoring that encourages accelerated learning and results in new knowledge and skills applied into the workplace
- Coach, support and mentor all apprentices to ensure they have acquired the technical skills and knowledge to achieve the framework requirements through classroom, online and remote deliver training
- Engage and coach the learners line manager to provide adequate support and guidance needed by the learner during the working day.
- Manage and support the learner to collect the necessary evidence in the work place and encourage them to achieve all the in-centre deliverables to ensure progression for their qualification on a monthly basis
- Monitor and review learner welfare on a regular basis, taking any necessary action to limit the number of early leavers from the programme
- Complete internal and external quality assurance activities where required
- Manage and complete both business and personal administration within given timescales i.e. delegate satisfaction results, expenses, review documents, reports etc.
- Ensure knowledge of all subject areas is kept constantly updated by way of self-development and CPD
- Work closely with the administration, compliance and quality team functions to ensure all learner documentation complies with funding, awarding organisation and Ofsted common inspection framework requirements
- Be willing to travel and where required stay overnight at required locations to ensure learners are visited and progressed according to agreed timescale
- Undertake additional projects and activities to meet the needs of the apprenticeship team and learners as required
- Ensure your delivery is delivered in accordance with internal policies
- Monitor learners welfare and health and safety in the workplace upskilling learners knowledge regarding Safeguarding, Equality of Opportunity and Prevent agendas
- Any other duties reasonably requested by the line manager.
Experiences and Qualifications
- A degree or equivalent qualifications and competencies in IT or significant up to date industry experience to deliver the IT suite of Apprenticeship frameworks/Standards
- Functional Skills at Level 2 in English, Maths and IT or equivalent qualifications
- CAVA / A1 assessor award or equivalent (D32/D33) or willingness to achieve the assessor award within given timescales.
- Teaching qualification or willingness to achieve a teaching qualification.
- Experience of delivering mentoring and support young adults through training programmes or apprenticeships.Relevant occupational sector experience, and/or current updated CPD. CompTIA A+, Networking + , CIW
- Competent user of Microsoft Office applications
- Experience of working with e-portfolios
- Ability to engage and retain learners on their programme until they successfully complete their framework