Senior Project Manager Building Control
Our client is a major home building company operating throughout the UK.
They are financially robust and have a reputation for good products and efficient delivery. The company offers a wide range of designs and product mix with a range of house types and apartments.
Our client is now seeking a Senior Project Manager to lead a large scale project - to assess the group’s portfolio of buildings over the last 15 years to ascertain compliance with fire related regulations and to lead the design of remedial works on those buildings should that be required.
The company is undertaking this work following the Grenfell Fire tragedy and failed tests (for Government) on cladding systems.
This role can be based in London, the Home Counties or midlands.
- Liaise with company’s regional Directors, consultants and supply chain to retrieve relevant information.
- Manage a team of experts assessing existing designs for compliance with the building regulations fire requirements.
- Liaise / manage experts (technical and legal) to assess whether remedial works are required.
- Manage a team designing remedial works to the existing group portfolio.
- Put in place controls and protocols to ensure adequate progress is being made by the company’s divisions to deliver the project.
- Ensure all stakeholder requirements are met (fire brigade, approved inspectors etc.).
- Coordinate the recovery process working closely with legal advisors.
- Manage consultants undertaking a regime of fire risk assessments.
- Contribute to the development of the company’s longer term technical policies.
- Senior Project Manager will have access to considerable resources, largely consultants and part time Divisional staff, many of whom will be part time on the project so good intuition and persuasive skills will be required.
SKILLS KNOWLEDGE AND APTITUDE
- Experience in organisational management of similar projects.
- Experience in managing and delivering building control services is essential.
- Relevant Building Control qualification; ideally professionally qualified.
- Excellent project management and consultative skills.
- Preferably experts in Fire, Façade design but not essential.
- Self-starting - owns and drives the project with a minimum of supervision.
- Highly organised and thorough.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Competitive package including bonus, car allowance, private medical and pension.