Senior Site Manager
6 days left
- Contract Type
Job ID: KMH/M1/090
Job Title: Senior Site Manager
Hours: 37 Hours
Locations: The Oval, Hereford
Employer: Keepmoat Homes Midlands 1
Job Type: Permanent
Purpose of the Role:
To safely and profitably plan, manage, and control the day to day site activities on site to meet/exceed programme, in accordance with company policies and procedures, within the budgeted cost plan.
To understand, implement and adhere to SHEQ policy and strategy and ensure that all staff reporting to you does the same.
Health and Safety
- Pre-plan the build route and pedestrian segregation in conjunction with the Construction Manager
- Manage the site in accordance with company Health, Safety and Welfare Policy and Procedures and with current HSE legislation
- File Method Statements in correct folders on site
- Induct new starters on site
- Ensure the appropriate company-branded Personal Protective Equipment is issued
- Ensure that the site is adequately secured at all times
- Carry out statutory workplace inspections
- Ensure all Plant Certification is valid and current
- Accompany the Safety Consultant during inspections
- Constantly reinforce the Health & Safety culture
- Contribute and present to the Pre-Site Start Presentation following detailed preparation
- Liaise with the Civil Engineering Contractor to ensure compliance with Health & Safety
- Produce the annual Notional Unit Programme in conjunction with the Construction Manager, the 3 Monthly Programme and the Monthly Production Schedule
- Control of Work In Progress - Schedule materials in line with the programme, whilst maintaining minimum stock levels
- Produce Weekly Planning Sheet to schedule trades
- Liaise with multi-utility/statutory providers to ensure that mains and services are installed/diverted/re-located
- Hold weekly meetings with the Home Sales Executives
- Attend and contribute to the Bi-monthly Production Meetings
- Arrange the final NHBC Inspection for the programmed physical completion date to enable the Certificate to be issued
- Produce the Handover Information Pack for completed properties
- Follow the Exit Plan ensuring all ground works and Customers' remedial items are completed prior to leaving site
- Strive to achieve construction excellence and recognition within internal awards and external awards.
- Carry out routine inspections (minimum twice per day per plot)
- Liaise with NHBC and Local Authority Inspectors for Key Stage Inspections
- Progressively and formally inspect all stages under construction
- Carry out 7 day visit to Customers
- Complete any items raised on 21 day visits by HSE's
- Complete Monthly KPI's for sub-contractors and suppliers
- Feedback design improvement and innovations through the Construction Manager
- Check and authorise the fortnightly/monthly sub-contractor requests for payment
- Advise the Construction Manager of material shortages and excesses in order to adjust schedules
- Ensure waste materials/packaging are recycled wherever possible
- Minimise company liability for Day work payments; ensure all works are agreed, costed, order numbers issued and approved by Construction Manager prior to commencement
- Lead and motivate the site team (direct employees and sub-contractors) to achieve the required objectives
- Carry out 'toolbox talks' and less formal one-to-one communication with site employees to ensure that they are kept abreast of changing requirements, developments etc
- Ensure that direct employees on site receive timely feedback on their performance and are trained and developed accordingly
- Oversee the training and development of trainees on site
Areas of Discretion
- Must not take any action, which exceeds the contents of this Job Guide without the consent of the Construction Director
- Not to divulge any information other than to an officer of the Company on matters which are confidential to the Company
- Not to take any action which could be deemed not to be in the best interests of the Company
What we are looking for:
- Team commitment
- Demonstrates eye for detail and commitment to delivery excellent standards
- Excellent organisational skills
- Effectively manage time in order to meet deadlines
- Professional attitude and approach to work
- Ability to competently operate MS office (Word & Excel)
- Current and Valid UK driving licence
- Previous Site experience
- Up to date relevant knowledge of building legislation
- Up to date relevant knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
Why work for us?
At Keepmoat Homes we pride ourselves on being a great place to work. As the market leader in our industry we want to ensure that we attract, motivate and retain the best people who can deliver the best service for our customers.
We offer you:
- Competitive rates of pay - We regularly check our pay against our competitors to make sure they reflect our position as market leader. We also review our pay every year.
- Bonus Scheme - Our annual bonus scheme is linked to team and company performance.
- Special offers for staff - We run a range of offers and discounts exclusively for our employees including holidays, health club memberships and days out.
- Trust - We encourage you to come up with ideas and get the most out of your job with us.
- Recognition - We have a scheme to reward people who go the extra mile for our company.
- Development - we offer genuine development opportunities to progress your career.
Please note that due to the high level of applications, if you have not been contacted within 5 days of the closing date please assume your application has not been successful.