Online English Teacher
Our teachers will be connected to students in China via our customized platform designed for English language teaching. We currently have both weekday and weekend classes available. All classes are taught from home. We are primarily looking for teachers to begin teaching in public schools, but we will have one on one lessons available for our teachers as well.
Who we are looking for :
We are searching for energetic, enthusiastic people who are interested in online teaching. Applicants with education experience or those studying education are preferred. We are also actively seeking people who have classroom and overseas ESL experience.
As one of our teachers, your payment is calculated on a per-class basis as opposed to an hourly rate. Each class is 30 minutes long and you will receive a base pay of GBP4-7 for each class depending on the length of time you are employed and your performance. You will also receive an attendance bonus of GBP0.50 each class. This puts your average hourly rate at GBP9-15 while you work for us.
Teachers can increase their base pay by GBP1 every 2 month period if they meet the following criteria:
- Are available to teach 7 hours per-week
- Have taught to an acceptable level without complaints from schools/students.
Teachers can potentially earn a maximum of GBP15 per 1 hour if they continue to meet these criteria every 2-month period.
Applicant requirements :
- Teachers must be fluent in English and have a neutral accent
- Applicants must have either classroom English teaching experience or classroom ESL experience
- Applicants must be able to commit to the same weekly schedule for ten weeks
- Teachers must be available for at least 7 hours a week minimum
- Those applying must show a genuine interest in educational technology, our company, and ESL
- Applicants must be approved by our Chinese administrators by giving a 15 minute demo lesson
- Teachers must have a fast home internet connection, headphones with a microphone, and a plain, quiet background while teaching
- Teachers must be proficient with computers and technology
Our offices are currently located in Beijing and Chengdu. We are continuing to grow and will soon have multiple offices throughout China. We teach foreign language courses in public schools and in private classes online.