Senior Residential Manager
Would you like to develop a career working with Children? Do you have what it takes to make a difference to a young persons life? You will be working as part of a large community of specialised workers to support children age 8-18 with a range of learning difficulties, autism, communication difficulties, challenging behaviours and other complex needs within a spacious residential site.
The students live in small group residential bungalows built around a central courtyard. The client creates homely environments that provide life skills training as well as having all the home comforts you would expect. They encourage their students to follow as many family experiences as are practically possible.
Responsibilities of the Senior Residential Manager:
- Coordinate effective rosters that ensure a safe level of service with the Rota Coordinator.
- Audit care staff supervisions to ensure they receive the correct quantity and quality as per policy.
- Conduct regular supervision with other Home Managers.
- Ensure key workers receive adequate support, direction and have the resources available to perform their role adequately.
- Take part in the senior on call rota.
- Oversee all PI records for the wing, ensuring they are accurate, completed within timescales and signed off.
- Plan and coordinate a holiday for each resident at least once a year.
Person Specification for the Senior Residential Manager:
- Good working knowledge of children's learning disability services.
- 2 years' experience in a supervisory role within the care or education sector.
- 2 years' experience of working within a residential setting.
- Ability to work shifts that include early and late shifts, sleep ins and weekends.
- Willingness to work towards becoming a Registered Manager and Diploma Level 5.
- Minimum of Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care or Caring for Children & Young People.
- Previous experience in recruitment and selection.
- Managing absence training.
Additional information and benefits for the Senior Residential Manager:
- Full UK driving license.
- Childcare vouchers
- Funded qualifications.
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to you please apply immediately or call Callum Hughes on , alternatively email