Location: Lichfield, Staffordshire
Salary: GBP20K - GBP23K, DOE
Job Type: Permanent
Hours: 37.5 a week 08.30 -17.00
Our clients are the Midlands' leading building merchant's suppliers. They've been in business as Builders Merchants since 1916 - so they know their business!
Covering all areas of the construction process from small DIY project to major housing developments, our client can lend their expertise and service to ensure top quality products and services and an unrivalled customer experience.
Due to continued expansion, our client is looking for an experienced Credit Controller, based in Lichfield Staffordshire.
Job Summary / Overall Scope of Position
• To share responsibility with the other Joint Credit Controller to control and manage all areas of credit offered by the Company to promote customer satisfaction and company profitability whilst reducing credit risk.
• To control, monitor and maintain all Sales Ledger Accounts in accordance with Company Procedures including all banking, reconciliation and allocation of incoming payments on a daily basis.
• To liaise with other Joint Credit Controller regarding all relevant issues to ensure efficiency and accuracy is achieved.
• To monitor closely and react quickly and responsibly to all information available.
• To review on a daily basis all accounts over credit limit.
• To review on a weekly basis all outstanding account applications.
• To review on a monthly basis all accounts over 60 days in conjunction with the Financial Director.
• To monitor and maintain the legal correspondence in conjunction with the Financial Director.
• To report to the Financial Director all activity regarding overdue accounts / credit limit issues / account applications and complaints / disputes.
• To liaise with Branch Managers and Sales Personnel in connection with customer accounts, queries and complaints.
• To assist with the training of other staff as requested.
• Ensure all filing and clerical work is kept up to date, maintaining a neat and tidy workstation.
• Any other duties associated with this position.
• A high level of self-motivation
• Accuracy / Honesty / Attention to detail
• Ability to communicate at all levels professionally
• Ability to work alone and within a team
• Ability to work under pressure and to time limits / deadlines
• To have persistence to ensure objectives are met
• Computer Literate
• Smart Appearance
• To share a responsibility with Management for your own personal training and development
• Prioritise work and maintain tidy and organised work area / records
If you have the relevant skills and experience for this role, please click on APPLY and forward an up-to-date CV and cover letter, explaining why you are a good fit for this role.
No agencies please.