Operational Risk Manager
Alexander Daniels are working with a large corporate business located in Leamington Spa who require an Operational Risk Manager. The role is responsible for the delivery of operational compliance, regulatory requirements, data protection and anti-money laundering legislation.
The following provides an outline of the role.
- Ensuring that monthly compliance dashboard, approved person reports for the debt team and firm wide are delivered and highlight areas of risk.
- Ensuring all information required by the Financial Conduct Authority is supplied within the set timescales and that Approved Persons are compliant with obligations set by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Ensure incidents are properly investigated and that a proper record is maintained to be reported on to the Compliance, Operational and IT meeting.
- Respond to complaints that are received and deliver appropriate responses within set timescales and implement remedies to avoid repetition of complaint clause.
- Respond to requests for information under the Data Protection Act and requests to delete information
- Carrying out checks on new business loads including conflict checks on new matters (up to 500) against the firm's data base.
- Manage the Quality Assurance process including line management of the Quality & Compliance Assistant.
- Calibrate calls for agents eligible for a bonus and review all account challenges; as well as deliver effective remedies in areas of non-compliance.
- Review workflows within the debt recovery unit to ensure they are kept compliant with up to date regulatory standards.
- Preparing for client audits and due diligence requests by completing pre-audit documentation requested and liaising with the client on the day of the audit and implementing remediation on recommendations made.
- Updating training material to ensure it is compliant with legislation and work with the operations team to delivering training.
- Performing due diligence on new and existing suppliers, and undertaking onsite and remote audits.
- Drive, challenge and deliver effective operational controls that achieve compliant operations.
- Periodic reviews of all standard processes including customer communications ensuring we are compliant and processes are working effectively.
- Monthly sessions with Team Leaders, Managers and agents to ensure consistency of marking and that the agents are aware of expectations
- Pro-actively manage and implement changes such as for the introduction of the pre-action protocol.