Investment Oversight Accountant
3 days left
- Contract Type
The Investment Oversight Accountant will apply financial knowledge to assist the Finance Manager and relevant staff both internal and external to the business in all aspects of financial responsibility. To proactively challenge departmental processes in order to improve the financial results and facilitate any required changes/improvements within and across departments. Develop internal and external finance relationships with appropriate stakeholders to meet service agreements. Responsibilities to include co-ordination of resources and tactical thinking offering appropriate financial challenge.
Investment Oversight Accountant Responsibilities to include
- Application of commercial and financial knowledge to deliver results to the Finance managers and relevant business functions.
- Uphold the accuracy, integrity and quality of the assets, liabilities and P&L data being reported.
- Ensure departmental deliverables are produced accurately, timely and of requisite quality through appropriate co-ordination and planning of resources.
- Responsible for embedding a culture of financial and commercial challenge within and across the department.
- Understand the Risk and Control framework that Admin Re operates applying finance knowledge and challenge to ensure tactical risks are identified, measured against standards, and escalated appropriately.
- Develop effective relationships with key internal and external contacts and be seen as a subject matter expert, and support for all other roles within the team.
- Tactically design and support the smooth running of financial processes, models and systems (e.g. general ledger, forecasting tool and group submission tool). Challenge and initiate improvements in efficiency and quality to achieve desired outputs.
- Drive continuous end to end improvement to ensure both financial accuracy and correct policy holder outcome.
- Co-ordinate detailed analysis, problem solve and root cause to ensure the correct customer outcome in line with SLA's and timetables.
- Assess and improve MI, drawing out high level messages that drives business action, cross functional understanding and process improvement.
- Application of specialist knowledge to resolve queries or short term challenges, through engagement with stakeholders, responding to issues to a satisfactory completion considering a customer based approach.
- Articulate financial information to non-financial individuals across all levels of the organisation.
- Support process re-engineering and delivery of change.
- Direct and co-ordinate team deliverables in the attainment of departmental targets or service standard.
The successful Investment Oversight Accountant will be:
- A qualified or in training member of a CCAB body or equivalent qualification (or relevant experience)
- At least 5 years' experience in a finance department (or relevant qualification)
- Experience of working within a regulatory environment
- Experience in implementation of new financial systems and/or processes
- Experience of system interrogation.
- Understands the commercial environment
- Knowledge of operation of General Ledger and policy transaction systems including journal preparation and posting
- Knowledge of Life and Pensions financial and regulatory environment (not essential)
- Communicates effectively, including written and oral presentation, engaging customers and stakeholders as appropriate to role
- Demonstrates good organisational skills, with an analytical and methodical approach to work
- Ability to work very well in a team or independently, consulting and co-ordinating others appropriately in the wider function and business.
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates appropriate prioritisation skills
- Ability to apply specialist knowledge to improve processes.
- Computer literate and competent with all required operating systems and Microsoft Office products