Our client is a leading supplier of traditional and sustainable construction materials to major building and construction customers. With over 4,000 employees and operations across the UK and Northern Europe, we're committed to helping create a better built environment.
As Plant Operative, reporting to the Plant Supervisor, you'll be responsible for ensuring the smooth operational running of our Express Asphalt plant in Stoke. Your key tasks will include Weighbridge duties, operating the loading shovel inclusive of fork attachments, basic maintenance and housekeeping duties, and promoting and selling complimentary products.
Other responsibilities of this Plant Operative role include:
• Ensuring that you maintain the standards required by the company and abide by the company policies
• Maintaining a polite, helpful manner at all times when dealing with customers
• Ensuring timely and accurate communications with Management
• Taking all necessary actions to ensure your safety and the safety of other people
• Ensuring that all tools, equipment and PPE used are correctly maintained and safe to use
• Completing all necessary reports legibly, accurately and submitted on time
A reliable, flexible and pro-active individual, you will have a sound appreciation of Health & Safety, housekeeping and environmental regulations.
To be successful in the Plant Operative role you will also have:
• Excellent communication and team working skills
• A customer focused approach
• Good organising skills
• IT literacy and ability to work to deadlines
• Previous experience within a similar industry with asphalt production knowledge would be desirable
So if we've just described you and your aspirations, to apply for this Plant Operative role then click on the apply button below.
Plant Supervisor job reference number: OLR13435
We believe in Equal Opportunities for all employees.