We wish to appoint a Mechanical Estimator to enable further growth of our successful team.
The candidate will be responsible for the following key duties;
- production of detailed tender bids, including Contractors proposals
- attending mid and post tender meetings and post tender control
- Interface with both our existing and prospective new client base
- Day-to-Day management of the tender process to ensure standards are maintained and tender return deadlines are met
- Suitable Candidates will need to demonstrate a broad knowledge of the industry and will have experience in a wide range of sectors, including Education, Commercial, Health, Custodial, Renewable and Industrial projects
- This is a permanent position with strong career prospects
- The Company, are one of the regions' leading, privately owned Mechanical Services contractors, with an excellent reputation for quality and client relationships
- Location Stoke-on-Trent Office
- Qualifications:- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of Ten years' experience from a Contracting / Mechanical Engineering background with a minimum of HNC/HND or similar in Mechanical Engineering / Building Services related qualification.
- A proven track record in a similar position is considered essential.
- Candidates with Mechanical Design knowledge & experience including the use of Hevacomp & other design software with have a distinct advantage
- Attributes/Skills:- Pro-active and approachable, lead by example. Thorough and efficient Wide supplier and subcontractor knowledge. Understanding of associated mechanical services Commercial acumen to ensure tenders are financially viable.
- Flexible in approach to deadlines
- Previous Project Engineer / Manager experience would be desirable
- Autocad experience preferable
- Knowledge and experience in the design / estimation of Energy centres, Plantrooms, Commercial heating & cooling systems is considered essential
- Computer literate with experience of 'Estimation' or similar software, Issuing/updating tender documents via an electronic control system
- Willing and able to work as part of a team
- Personal skills to promote and foster good working relationships with Clients and our internal team
- Ensuring quality standards are maintained in accordance with Company QA policies
- Working in an integrated team
For the right individual, we can offer a Competitive salary, car allowance, 24 days holiday (+8 days public holidays), An excellent working environment, opportunities for career progression and further technical and personal development