Keep Campus Moving Assistant
The University of Warwick is currently investing heavily in the expansion and improvement of its facilities and is progressing rapidly. The large scale of the improvements has meant a lot of construction work is occurring on site and to help manage congestion and traffic during the improvements, the Keeping Campus Moving team is looking to hire more individuals to help plan and manage the traffic flow throughout the campus.
The Keeping Campus Moving assistants will aid Campus Security, Warwick conferences staff and Traffic Enforcement Officers towards an aim of minimising delays in regard to access to the residential areas of campus, delivery bays and conference locations, whilst also maintaining a clear route for through traffic. KCM assistants will be expected to deal with campus user's enquiries about the development works, way-finding and any other possible questions in a customer friendly manner. KCM assistants will also be tasked with handing out parking permits, collecting data on car parking availability and helping to manage the large numbers of visitors to Warwick who travel by coach/minibus.
Duties and responsibilities
• Directing vehicular and pedestrian traffic around campus.
• Answering any way-finding enquiries.
• Aiding with the directing of vehicles to/from appropriate car parks.
• Controlling and monitoring the flow of traffic through campus.
• Collecting data on car parking availability and delivery frequency, among other traffic related information.
Skills and experience
• Be welcoming, friendly and approachable.
• Be able to communicate effectively.
• Be proactive, able to use initiative.
• Have a good knowledge of campus.
• Be flexible, able to switch between tasks.
This role is to start ASAP
Shifts are varied, and the suitable applicant must be flexible and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
The role is based primarily outdoors, so you must be prepared with appropriate clothing. High visibility vests will be provided.