We are Air Products, a world-leading Industrial Gases company. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we've been helping our customers to become more productive, energy efficient and sustainable for more than 70 years. With our atmospheric, process and specialty gases, performance materials, equipment and technologies, we supply innovative solutions to energy, environmental and emerging markets around the world.
We are looking to appoint a talented Scheduling Manager for our newly created planning team in Worcester - someone who will be accountable for the management of the UKI Liquid bulk & Micro bulk scheduling teams. We need a person who thrives in a highly dynamic operational environment and has excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with customers and employees at all levels of the organisation. The role is critical in building customer loyalty and improving our margin by delivering to our customers on time and in full, while balancing the need to continually optimise our supply chain.
Reporting to Distribution and Logistics Manager, the person is responsible for delivery routing that ensures customer deliveries and vehicle routes take account of factors such as customer access constraints, time windows, routing constraints and driver hours.
The role networks with internal stakeholders to enable the route planning software data is up to date and relevant in the following areas: demand (the collections/deliveries to be made), the fleet & drivers available, as well as rules relating to shifts, drivers' breaks (WTD rules), site and time constraints.
As the Scheduling Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Improving the UKI EBITDA margin by delivering Y-O-Y net productivity through a continual focus on scheduling excellence and supply chain optimization
- Driving customer loyalty and retention by delivering outstanding customer service to our Liquid and Micro bulk customers by minimizing the number of supply issues and subsequently
- Building an engaged team, recognised for the expertise in the field of scheduling
- Increasing the speed of our activities by identifying and reducing complexity in our daily processes
- Implementing a culture of data driven improvement, using key metrics to identify areas for ongoing improvement
The successful candidate will already have:
- Proven operational experience
- BA/BSc Degree in engineering or numerical based discipline 2:1 minimum or equivalent capability demonstrated through professional experience
- Good IT skills
- Experience of dealing with all levels of managements
- Attention to detail and the ability to resolve day to day issues whilst also conforming with the overall corporate and departmental targets
- Analytical mind with strong influencing skills
- Good organisation and problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
If you are looking for a new challenge and innovation - with excellent opportunities for growth and development, then come and discover, care, accomplish and thrive at Air Products!