Are you a Purchasing Manager looking for your next challenge? Do you have experience in delivering world class purchasing inside a manufacturing / FMCG environment? Do you have experience of working with a global supply chain including suppliers based in the far east ?
Kingscroft have been asked to recruit for a Purchasing Manager by a Birmingham based manufacturer of specialist products. As the ideal candidate you will have experience of working within plastic manufacturing with a UK and globally based supply chain including Chinese suppliers. Your experience will allow you to confidently support a fast moving manufacturing, assembly and distribution operation.
- Your role and responsibilities will include:
- Creation and management of the purchasing budget.
- Supplier selection and contract negotiations
- Monitor and report on material / commodity prices and variations
- Strategic purchasing on materials and services to ensure best price
- Development of the strategic supply chain
- Supplier visits to drive partnership approach to cost , quality and delivery
- Development of the make or buy strategy
- Management of the purchasing team to deliver KPI and purchasing budget
- Negotiate and deliver best value on capital investment and projects
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business in a role that is key to the future development and profitability of the organisation. Please apply today for a confidential discussion about the role , the business and the opportunities available within this business.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959220931