N.E.S are proud to be representing a large well renowned manufacturing business based in Birmingham working in partnership to recruit an experienced Manufacturing Engineer
ROLE: Manufacturing Engineer
Your main duties will be to provide technical support to the Production Departments by identifying the operations required to produce products and developing processes to ensure quality, cost and efficiency requirements are met on a timely basis and in accordance with business needs.
- Provide full hydraulic engineering and technical support across the manufacturing department to ensure that production operating levels are achieved and maintained
- Manage internal projects within agreed timeframes and to budget
- Produce and maintain relevant internal documentation to company standards, ensuring they are
- clear, concise and understandable for all users
- Coach and support staff where required
- Generate, develop and update PCPs, VCPs and Control Plans
- Design and develop assembly and testing fixtures to meet the departmental needs, liaising with the Manufacturing Services staff when required to arrange fabrication
- Identify and lead cost reduction and process efficiency improvement activities, including provision of relevant documentation relating to cost savings and proposed efficiencies
- Support prototype builds ensuring that all special requirements are met
- Support production by working closely with Team Leaders to fulfil requests for tooling and/orQualifications & experience
- assistance where required
- HNC/HND level in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering
- Proven experience of working in a manufacturing environment
- Experienced in managing projects, delivering on time and within budget
- Experience of Hydraulics or Pneumatics would be preferable.
- Thorough understanding and experience in application of lean principles, including Kaizen, 5s and KanbanTo apply for the role please follow the onscreen instructions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959217287