Design Engineer, Special Vehicle Operations - chassis and body
Our client, one of the world's most prestigious luxury OEM's, is looking to recruit contract Mechanical Design Engineer with expertise in either chassis or body engineering for its Special Vehicle Operations division. This team produces low volume and bespoke builds and develops race cars for clients and for prestigious events such as the Le Mans 24 hour race.
The purpose of the role is the realisation of component design & package on all areas in order to produce finished detailed CAD designs and drawings.
- CAD design and modelling of components using NX
- Preparation of detailed drawings to company drafting standards
- Some preparation of engineering release packs
- Work under the direction of project engineer or PMST leader on a day to day basis
- Investigation of build issues in prototype and on line to establish root cause and design changes required.
- Design of components using NX5.
- Use Digibuck to review and present design concepts The successful candidate will be able take the CAD design from concept to finished CAD model and produce finished drawings for engineering release. Some preparation of basic paperwork for engineering release may also be required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering related discipline.
- Skilled in automotive component design using NX.
- Knowledge of various areas: metal castings, extrusions, pressings/forming, RTM, SMC & C/F panels.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- A working knowledge of component manufacturing, tooling requirements & lead times
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959223456