Registered Manager / Home Manager
Job Title: Registered Manager / Home Manager
Salary (pro rata): £30,265 to £33,950
Total hours per week: 37.5
Rethink Mental Illness is recruiting for a Registered Manager / Home Manager to join our management team across Warwickshire.
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and ambitious leader to oversee a portfolio of Care Quality Commission (CQC) Registered Services. Reporting to the Head of CQC Registered Services (North), you will be part of an energetic, innovative and pioneering team working to provide high quality recovery focused over our four Warwickshire services to individuals experiencing mental health difficulties or their families /carers. The role will require close working with NHS, Local Authority and wider partners to support keeping people well in the community providing short term yet intensive support and interventions to prevent people from being admitted to hospital or to promote early discharge from hospital.
As a recovery focused organisation, we work with people to improve their quality of life and support people using our services to develop ways to maintain their wellbeing.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an experienced Care Home manager or Service manager with a proven track record of partnership working, people and financial management skills.
- You will have a understanding of the needs of people affected by mental illness and person centered care.
- You will have a proven record of Developing your team, Quality and Running of homes and to be solution focussed.
- You will be responsible for all areas of service delivery, including budget management, quality, health and safety and innovation towards service development.
- Experience of running a Home or Services to a Safe, Caring and Responsive manor to comply with CQC guidelines.
- Ideally a degree in a social care discipline or an NVQ level 4/5 in in health and social care or equivalent.
So as a Registered Manager in our services you will:
- Develop high performing and motivated teams
- Plan and be responsive to shifting needs
- Be solution focused
- Maintain resilience across our teams and service users
- Drive compliance with all policies and regulatory requirements; whilst striving to achieve the best possible outcomes and internal/external recognition of quality
- Actively contribute to the Charity?s vision, mission & values
- Develop local joint working arrangements with commissioners and other key stakeholders
- Develop innovative approaches to delivering quality, engaging and empowering services
- Take on an active leadership role ? is a visible leader, driving change and performance
- Deliver change management including service restructuring
- Champion innovation and lead the development and integration of new services or the enhancement of existing services
- Develop your people ? you will have the opportunity to build a talented team to support the development of your services
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- 33 days Annual leave including statutory/bank holiday
- Childcare Vouchers Scheme
- Where appropriate paid eye test plus up to £55 towards the cost of new glasses or lenses
- Excellent Career Development Opportunities
- The opportunity to make a real difference
The closing date for the position is: Sunday 15th October 2017
We reserve the right to change the closing date depending on the number of responses received. Please submit your application as soon as possible to ensure it is considered in the selection process. If you have a disability and can demonstrate that closing this post early would impact on your ability to submit an application in time, please contact our HR Shared Service team on ************* or email ********************** to request arrangements for an application to be submitted within the original timeframe.
We are passionate about creating a diverse workforce and positively encourage applications from under-represented communities
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959220905