45 hours per week
Salary dependent on experience
European Metal Recycling is a global leader in metal recycling employing 4500 staff across 180 locations around the world. EMR?s recycling process begins with the collection of scrap metal and other material?s from businesses, manufacturers, construction sites, government bodies and the general public. Our employees are the driving force of our success. With growth soaring in the UK, it is an exciting time to be joining us.
Who are we looking for?
EMR is now looking for an experienced Site Operative, to join our busy depot in Darlaston.
What you will be doing:
- Thoroughly grading and weighing incoming materials to ensure quality is maintained.
- Loading, unloading and moving various items of scrap materials for recycling, such as metals and plastics.
- Safely operating and be willing to learn the operation of various items of mobile plant on site.
- Conducting daily checks on mobile plant and report problems accordingly.
- Actively participate in our strong safety culture.
- Ensuring the company Health & Safety and environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
- Monitoring all visiting suppliers ? including PPE compliance.
- Assisting depot management as required.
The skills we are looking for:
- Experience in the scrap metal or similar environment such as transport, waste, aggregates, recycling, construction, environmental or depot/yard environments would be well suited.
- Experience of operating mobile plan is desirable but not essential.
- Awareness of how to operate safely and effectively in a large industrial environment.
- Adaptable to meet business priorities.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Organised, safety conscious, physically fit and motivated.
- Comfortable working outside.
- Availability to work Saturday mornings.
- Ability to travel to and from the depot without difficulty.
Please note that candidates will be expected to provide proof of their Right to Work in UK at interview stage.
How to apply:
Please apply with an up to date CV, including your email address, contact number and details of your current salary. Alternatively an application form can be downloaded from our website.
Our employees have helped build the organisation into the world leading recycling company it is today.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959221439