Head of Retail & Food
Paying up to GBP50,000 plus Company Car
We have a rare and exciting opportunity that has an arisen for a Head of Retail and Food to join our team in 14Forty, due to internal promotion we now have the chance to recruit a highly skilled and commercially aware foodie into the team. This role will be based throughout the UK so the ideal person will be happy to travel and enjoy leading a team.
As the Head of Retail and Food you will have overall accountability for the food offering within 14forty ensuring that it meets the needs of the diverse range of clients and also follows the best practise of Compass Group.
You will be someone who has the ability to drive sales initiatives and ensure that you work closely with the Business Excellence team to drive the sales into the 14forty Business. This is a senior position within the business so we will require someone who is a great influencer. Working closely with Head Chefs and Catering Managers ensuring we provide an exceptional service and food quality to our clients, as well as driving sales and utilising promotions. Driving foodservice solutions is key as well as exceeding new and existing customer requirements.
You will be someone who is an innovator and has the passion and desire to explore new avenues and food offerings, making sure 14Forty are ahead and offering the best to our clients.Main Responsibilities
- Manage client and contractual relationships in a commercial manner ensuring compliance and company policies are adhered to.
- Work closely with the sub-sector Exec Chefs, Food Excellence Manager's and the chef community to ensure appropriate levels of engagement and relevance is applied to all offer development
- Lead the team in understanding our competitor offer - both high street and contract catering across all age groups
- Advise and lead on the development of long term Food strategy plans that support the needs of the business.
- Drive the sales team to develop financially sound bids and proposals and sign off final agreements to ensure we deliver operationally sound contracts
- Adopt the role of food innovation guru in 14Forty and lead and inspire the 14Forty Business Excellence and wider team to put food front and centre - hosting of food innovation tours, food engagement sessions
- High numeric and analytical skills and PC literate
- Must have an understanding and experience in food development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyse and evaluate information
- Experience in a similar foodservice function
- Proven track record of delivering successful foodservice offers that met consumer, client and operational requirements and meets costing requirements.
- Experience of food, brand and product development led by market insight
14forty, is part of Compass Group PLC, a world-leading food and support services company. We specialise in providing food and a range of support services across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Healthcare & Seniors, Education, Defence, Offshore & Remote, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.