Assistant Management Accountant
Assistant Management Accountant, Stoke on Trent 6 months contract, GBP20,000 - GBP25,000
Your new company
My client is an established company based in Stoke on Trent. Due to high volumes of work they are looking for an experienced Assistant Management Accountant to join the finance team for a 6 month contract.
Your new role
As an Assistant Management Accountant you will report directly to Finance Manager and you will be responsible for preparation of all necessary financial information as per the below
- Month end preparation, journal preparation and posting, balance sheet reconciliations, year end procedures, management account reviews
- Assistance with and progressing to the preparation of VAT returns
- Intercompany reconciliations
- Provision of support to operational management colleagues
- Evaluation of current financial controls and identification of improvements
- Ensuring standardised procedures are followed to deliver consistency of accounting
- Assist with financial, commercial and operational audits
- Support to the finance department as and when required for ad hoc projects and month end reporting
What you'll need to succeed
You will be CIMA or ACCA part qualified or AAT qualified. You will have previous experience in similar role and understanding of financial reporting techniques in accounting environment. You will have ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, managers and external clients. You will have excellent organisational skills, high standard of verbal and written communication and be flexible in you approach to work.
Intermediate/advanced Excel skills are essential for this role.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.