TEMP to PERM Assistant Management Accountant
Maintain effective control over the Company's financial reporting systems and procedures to enable the production of accurate, timely and relevant management information, ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements and internal policies.
- Part Qualified ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW - on final level of exams.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Good Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Flexible, analytical and methodical approach in problem solving, Able to manage ever-changing workloads and priorities - ability for multi-tasking
- Flexible approach for working location (site visits to acquired businesses or other offices may occasionally be required).
- Self-motivated and ability to work on own initiative towards business improvement
- Knowledge of a distribution, multi-location business preferred but not essential
- IT / PC literate essential, particularly Microsoft Excel & Office.
- Ability to communicate comfortably with all levels of staff & management in the company and build relationships with non-financial people
- High personal standards towards delivery of information to the highest standards of quality.
Key Results Areas
- Maintain responsibility for the completion, content and accuracy of key Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Support marketing teams with financial information and provide them with monthly management accounts.
- Attend monthly meetings with marketing teams to discuss management accounts and address any issues.
- Responsible for monitoring collection of marketing income (JIF & IF), liaising with Sales Ledger team to invoice suppliers for this income.
- Management of key cost lines in the P&L account for all Business Units served by the SSC
- Develop and maintain financial controls within the Kerridge Financial system to ensure disciplines are adhered to and safeguard the assets of the Company
- Develop and maintain financial controls for all acquired business units not managed on the
Kerridge Financial systems to ensure disciplines are adhered to and safeguard the assets of the Company
- Support Financial Reporting Manager in improvement of internal controls and process
- Ensure adherence to reporting requirements and deadlines set by Group on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Support the Chief Accountant in all matters relating to the preparation, provision and resolution of queries relating to the statutory audit of the company's financial records.
- Fully participate in interim and final audit process
- Fully participate in the annual budget process supporting the Business Units.
- Liaise with Business Unit personnel on issues related to the accuracy, content and integrity of trading branch reporting
- Production of the management accounts for one Business Unit on a monthly basis
- Production of reports for other Central Service departments as required to enable them to manage their expenditure on a monthly basis
- Ad-hoc reports and analysis as required
- Liaise with internal and external auditors as required