Head Of Finance
My client a well know law firm is working with organisations of all sizes, their teams delivers a broad range of specialist legal services, and has particular expertise across sectors including but not limited to; energy, education, banking & financial services, investment funds and advanced manufacturing.
Due to exceptional growth my client is recruiting for a brand new position of Head of Finance to join their Birmingham based Finance team, part of the firm's Business Operations group.
The Head of Finance will oversee all client focussed processes and provide leadership to the managers of a legal cashiering team of 23 people, a credit control function of 5 people and an SRA compliance team of 2 people.
Your key duties will be to:
* interrogate and improve processes in order that they are designed and performed as efficiently as possible; to allow the current level of finance staff to manage anticipated increasing volume, and to minimise the impact of finance processes on fee earning staff
* review processes and educate all stakeholders to ensure the firm is acting within the Solicitors Accounts Rules in the way it deals with financial transactions, to achieve unqualified SRA audits
* ensure processes allow for the best possible client experience in terms of their financial interactions with the firm
* play a key role in the expected transformation to a new PMS and finance system
* work with the other Team Heads to deliver a first class and joined-up overall service to the firm
* provide effective leadership of the Legal Cashiering team, Credit Control function (in conjunction with the relevant managers of those teams) and the SRA compliance team
* drive improvement in 'lock up' relating to client debt
Skills and experience you will have:
* experience of a legal cashiering environment is essential; exposure to credit control is desirable but not a pre-requisite
* excellent systems awareness and IT literacy
* strong financial background with solid understanding of how the legal cashiering transactions and credit control functions interact with the rest of the finance function and the wider business
* sound practical and theoretical knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules
* previous demonstrable experience of improving financial processes
Key competencies you will need:
* a high degree of drive, self-motivation and enthusiasm
* the ability to drive projects through with a strong focus on process implementation
* to have excellent interpersonal skills
* the confidence and gravitas to deal with fee earning colleagues regarding processes and controls
* commitment to delivering excellent levels of service to internal and external clients at all times
* flexibility to react to change and prioritise accordingly
* the ability to exercise good commercial judgement and diplomacy in complex situations
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.