A very established and growing law firm are looking for a Paralegal to join their Debt Collection Team. You will be helping the team recover unpaid debts from both customers and companies through either a process of negotiation and agreement with “debtors” or via the mechanisms of the court system in accordance with the Civil Procedure Rules and litigation procedures.
- Processing a high volume of litigation cases
- Dealing with a high volume of telephone calls with customers, third parties and Agents
- An ability to negotiate outcomes which maximise recovery levels for clients
- Accepting instructions and processing them
- Progression of files through each legal milestone – including responding to Defences, preparing applications for Summary Judgment and Strike Out of claims, dealing with correspondence with the defendants and progressing matters in line with court directions and client requirements, instructing Counsel and/or Agents to attend hearings on behalf of our clients and entering judgment where appropriate.
- Managing deadlines, and keeping on top of key critical dates and targets
- Accuracy in the processing of each file in both the electronic file management system and the litigation milestone reporting system to ensure that all relevant information is captured and recorded and enables the file to be picked up seamlessly by any other Paralegal
- Processing and responding to correspondence from customers, third parties and our Agents
- Ensuring that any outgoing correspondence is responded to in an appropriate manner
- Liaise with and take instructions from the Team Leader to progress matters
- Refer matters/queries to supervisor as appropriate.
- Some knowledge of the legal system
- Ideally a minimum of 6 months experience of Litigation
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy through all work
- Computer literate and have excellent IT skills
Salary: £16,000 OTE £17,500 + company bonus
Holiday: 22 days’ holiday (plus bank holidays), increasing with length of service
Excellent benefits which include: Pension, company sick pay, healthcare cash back scheme, personal accident cover, health club concessions, rewards portal to access offers and savings on a huge range of goods and services from over 450 retailers, free onsite car parking and onsite staff café.