Skills: Project Manager, Prince 2 or similar - Experience of managing infrastructure projects or experience within Financial Services and Lending or Mortgage orginations.
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Project Manager, Prince2 Accredited or Similar/Other Accreditation who will have had a wide range of experience, managing projects within a Regulatory environment, experience of Financial Services or Insurance, mortgagte orinations or lending would be of particular interest.
"Fantastic offices", "team environment", "best move I ever made" are just a selection of comments from our extremely satisfied candidates.
- Day to day management of projects
- Assess, prioritise and manage to resolution all project level risks and issues.
- Provide reports for the steering group on any risks, issues and variances from plan that do not fall within agreed tolerances
- Day to day relationship management with software house management teams
- Ensure effective communication of key project information at all levels across the Group. Assume responsibility for reporting project progress to key stakeholders in a timely fashion.
- Manage the project activities on a day-to-day basis on behalf of the sponsor. Define and be accountable for the approach and milestone dates. Maintain the plan in a controlled manner to take account of changes.
- Guide the sponsor through the approval process producing supporting documentation and analysis.
- Identify and secure internal and external resources required to execute the project. Build a high performing team with the right blend of skills for the work.
- Identify project risks and agree appropriate actions to mitigate/control. Regularly review risk assessment. Ensure residual risks are incorporated within the appropriate business area's operational risk plans
- Pro-actively manage issues, taking action to achieve urgent resolution and escalating promptly and clearly where necessary
- Negotiate timely execution of work sub-contracted from the project to line areas. Agree mechanisms for ensuring visibility of progress of this work
- Manage project closure in an orderly manner, including post implementation review (PIR) and ensure all outstanding tasks and actions have been handed over to the line or other projects
- Lead the shaping of the project, contributing ideas, optimising scope to achieve the business objectives and validating viability. Challenge existing thinking, processes and procedures and identify opportunities for change.
- This position is commutable via the M6 motorway and places such as Wolverhampton, Cannock, Stafford, Telford, Dudley, West Bromwich, Shrewsbury, Walsall, Stourbridge and much of Birmingham and the West Midlands.We also offer up to £500 for every successful referral, if you know someone who matches this skill set please let us know.
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
- Opus IT Consulting are specialists in IT Recruitment. We work hard to find our candidates their perfect roles within fantastic organisations across the UK. If this role isn't right for you, please still get in touch with us as we may have other roles which may suit you better.
- Company benefits include a bonus of up to 20%, 35 hour basic working week, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays,5% contributory pension and 3 x basic salary death in service.