My client is seeking a proactive and dynamic individual to join the existing purchasing team.
You will be responsible for maintaining & developing relationships both internally and externally whilst managing order books with existing suppliers. Working as part of the team to research & explore opportunities with new suppliers providing savings for the Group. Responsible for ordering and ensuring accurate stock levels for various components.
This is a fast paced and diverse role requiring a flexible, hands-on approach. Ideally you will have 2-5yrs experience in a Purchasing or Finance department and will be capable of working within a team and dealing with both internal departments and external suppliers.
Contributing to & working as part of the Group Purchasing Department to achieve 100% OTIF each week, presenting new ideas and projects to the company owners, and meeting the annual savings targets.
A summary of the main responsibilities
- Working to resolve customer issues and making sure that systems are developed and put into place to prevent the same issues from happening again
- Manage any product issues reported from production and resolve via supplier management.
- Managing supplier order books, for all suppliers assigned to your area.
- Pro-actively sourcing parts from alternative suppliers to ensure minimal disruption to production and customer deliveries if usual supplier is out of stock.
- Liaising with CAD to monitor when jobs are due to be manufactured and placing orders with suppliers accordingly.
- Identify potential savings by researching & resourcing products.
- Main point of contact for any customer service issues relating to supplier or product issues/faults.
Key Skills & Attributes
- Have an analytical approach to solving issues
- Be able to learn and use new systems and bespoke packages
- Have experience of putting new systems into place
- Must be numerate
- Ability to absorb technical product information
- Ability to interact at all levels & work under pressure
- Enthusiasm, flexibility and a positive hands-on approach
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as working effectively within a team
- Computer literate with a good knowledge of accounting software (ideally SAGE 1000).
- Good Communication skills with a can-do attitude
- Problem solving and organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and progressive company who always promote from within.
Salary is dependent upon experience.