MOT Tester / Vehicle Technician
We’re looking for qualified MOT Tester and Vehicle technician to join our team.
As part of this team you will be responsible for all carrying out MOT’s on all sorts of vehicles, from HGV to cars, and carry out repairs and maintenance to these vehicles, and in some cases you’ll be carrying out electrical repairs too.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Carry out MOT’s to comply with VOSA regulations.
- Inspect and repair vehicles to comply with VOSA regulations.
- Work as part of a team.
- Be prepared to work on a variety of equipment types.
- Responsible to Supervisor and carry out tasks set.
- Comply with all company health and safety rules.
To be considered for our role you will need:
- Nominated Tester qualification class 4 (optional 5 & 7).
- City and Guilds Qualified or recognized trade body qualification.
- Auto electrician experience preferred.
- Experience in testing / inspecting vehicles and filling out all required paperwork.
- Experienced in working in a busy environment.
- Experience carrying out MOT inspections
- Participate in the stand by/call out rosta
- Strong working ethos and team player.
- Commitment and determination to meet personal objectives. Strong drive and resilience.
- Proven ability to work unaided and have confidence in working alone.
- Ability to work collaboratively at all levels in a capacity of adding value to the decision making process.
- Ability to re-evaluate priorities, responding quickly and positively to change is imperative.
FCC Environment (FCC Environment is the trading name for FCC Environment (UK) Limited and FCC Environment Services (UK) Limited) is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
FCC Environment’s core business centres on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services – household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance.
- Business waste solutions –waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies.
- Recycling – material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres.
- Green energy –recovery of energy from waste.
- Waste Processing –industrial waste treatment, hazardous wastes and landfill disposal.
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
If you wish to be considered for this challenging and exciting role, please click apply and submit your CV. You will receive an email shortly which you will need to read through.