Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for market leading business based in Lichfield who are looking to appoint a new Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis paying between £20,000 - £24,000 plus benefits. Reporting directly into the FC, this is an excellent opportunity for somebody to gain lots of exposure and take the next step in their career.
Main purpose of the Accounts Assistant role:
- To assist in maintaining sales and purchase ledgers across the business.
- To assist in the processing of bank transactions across the business.
- To assist with Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger and Credit Control.
- To assist with Management Accounts.
Main responsibilities of the Accounts Assistant:
- Processing both sales and purchase invoices onto our accounting system (Sage)
- Archiving of invoices to maintain proper accounting records
- Liaising with suppliers regarding invoice queries
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations and ensuring suppliers are paid within the company's payment terms
- Ensure authorisation procedures for purchase invoices are followed
- Process purchase order requests from throughout the business
- Place purchase orders for office equipment, stationery and refreshments
- Distributing post received into the finance department to the appropriate individuals
- Processing payments and receipts into company bank accounts
Knowledge, skills & experience preferred for the successful Accounts Assistant:
- Studying AAT / AAT Qualified
- Previous accountancy experience
- Previous general ledger experience
- Experienced with Sage Line 50 Accounts
- Desire to help with preparation of management accounts
- Desire to take on a challenging role
- Ability and willingness to think on your feet with a can-do attitude
- Dedicated and hard-working
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and to manage your time accordingly
If you are looking for a varied Accounts Assistant role with an established, progressive business please apply today!