BOX OFFICE & MARKETING ASSISTANT
Academy Music Group are recruiting a Box Office & Marketing Assistant to help co-ordinate the Box Office & Marketing Activity within the venue.
Academy Music Group part of Live Nation Entertainment is the largest live entertainment company in the world, consisting of five businesses: concert promotion and venue operations, sponsorship, ticketing solutions, ecommerce and artist management. Live Nation seeks to innovate and enhance the live entertainment experience for artists and fans: before, during and after the show.
To ensure the smooth running of the venue Box Office. To ensure that all events are set up accurately and run smoothly Liaise with the venue staff and promoters to pass on all relevant sales figures and show information as needed. To liaise with the Ticketweb Accounts Manager and Venue Manager for Ticketweb operation and system matters, including the correct reporting of all system errors and software bugs. In the absence of this person, please report to the Ticketweb Operation Manager. All financial information including credit card receipts, signed collections vouchers and all unused/void tickets to be kept for a period of 3 years and to be made accessible to Ticketweb staff as required. To print and distribute tickets to promoters
To process and log all disabled bookings. Liaise with the Duty Manager and promoters to pass on all relevant sales and show information as needed. To work evening shifts including national holidays as and when required. To ensure that the Box Office is left secure, clean and tidy at all times. To act as administrative support to the Box Office Manager & Marketing Manager, assisting in the specific daily, weekly and monthly duties as agreed Develop and maintain a comprehensive and in-depth knowledge of the club and gig scene and where necessary develop relationships with the key individuals / companies to ensure the Venue is best placed to exploit its position. To ensure that all print / media satisfies the companies contractual obligations to our sponsors O2 and partners ensuring the agreed positioning and use of their branding and logos. Commission/Design and co-ordinate all local advertising, working to budget, in liaison with your line manager. Ensure that monthly ad spend reports are sent to line manager & Marketing Manager (MM) Recruiting, developing and managing the volunteer publicity distribution team (Street Team), and ensuring that it is effective. Be aware of current tickets sales and target publicity accordingly and in line with the General Manager’s wishes to support and work with Academy Events, MM and external promoters. Supporting the MM to achieve a wider online presence and drive data collection at every opportunity. Manage all social networking sites and ensure that they are up to date. To undertake any other reasonable duties as and when required.
- Working knowledge of Ticketweb Ticketing system or equivalent computerised ticketing system
- Knowledge of the local music & club scene with great local contacts.
- Significant previous experience in a similar role and environment, using a computerised Box Office/Ticketing system
- Experience of working in a live music environment
- Experience of dealing with printers and designers.
- Full working knowledge of Facebook / Twitter & Instagram.
- In-depth knowledge of the needs and operation of a Box Office; its day-to-day running and general requirements and satisfaction of customers.
- Communication skills and Admin Skills.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Good telephone manner and skills
- Flexible and positive 'can do’ approach
- Extremely Organised.
- Able to work to tight deadlines with excellent attention to detail.
- Shows confidence in dealing with wide ranging types of situations
- Able to work flexible and unsocial hours including evenings, nights, weekends, bank holidays, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve
- Experience of cash handling.
How to apply:
If your skills and experiences match that of this job description apply here today with a current CV including full employment and education information.
All roles at Live Nation Entertainment are subject to full background screening.
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.