Our client is a well-known manufacturer based in Stoke on Trent with a fantastic reputation for excellent products and services in their specialist field. They are looking for a Credit Controller to join their team, working within a dynamic working environment and offering the opportunity to work in a long standing organisation that has been formed from humble roots.
The role is based in Stoke on Trent and is commutable from Hanley, Newcastle under Lyme, Fenton, Longton, Blythe Bridge and Stoke.
The Credit Controller will be responsible for ensuring that the payment of customer invoices is within agreed payment terms. In addition, you will be responsible for the identification and avoidance of bad (aged) debt and exposure whilst ensuring high quality and service to customers.
Duties will include:
- Reconciliation and management of accounts ensuring adherence to credit terms
- Maintaining contact with customers to ensure invoices have been received, are accurate and clear for payment
- Speaking to customers in advance ensuring that payments are ready to be issued on time and in full
- Set up new customer accounts accurately, in detail and prior to first invoice due date
- Communicating and managing customer repayment plans as agreed with Credit Control Manager
- Take ownership of complex account problems
- Raise and process credit requests
- Previous Credit Control experience
- Proactive approach and willingness to speak to a wide variety of customers who owe money on their account
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Strong customer service abilities and an understanding of query ownership and resolution
- Analytical, target driven, ability to work to strict deadlines, proactive and an effective negotiator
Brampton Recruitment are an independent Commercial and Accounts & Finance recruitment agency working in partnership with employers spanning Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire, Cheshire, and the Greater Manchester region.