What will I be doing in this role?
You will be a people person, building and maintaining relationships with internal and external whilst delivering a world-class level of employee engagement across the Supply Chain functions. You will be accountable for the HR service delivery across SGBD Supply Chain functions. You will work closely with the Supply Chain Human Resources Manager to achieve business performance by focusing on continuous improvement and promoting a culture of employee engagement.
Am I who you are looking for?
First and foremost we always want to recruit talented people that align well with our values and way of working; we innovate, we collaborate, we’re agile, we act with entrepreneurial spirit, and we’re supportive of and close to our customers. Does this sound like you?
What do we look for in Advisor?
- CIPD Level 5 qualified or above (Desirable)
- Ability to work under pressure in a challenging and constantly changing environment
- Strong coaching and influencing skills
- Commercially astute
- Sound knowledge of Employment Legislation Desirable
- Relevant industry experience (multi-site; building distribution, logistics, transport )
What will I be doing in the role?
As Advisor, your role is to;
- Building a strong partnership with the HR community and senior management team, working to achieve business objectives. Embed a culture of employee engagement across the site; where the site is considered to be exemplary
- Building and maintaining effective partnerships with key stakeholders across the business offering support and guidance to managers and employees in regards to complex employee relations.
- point of contact for all employees, for example, ensuring that payroll queries are resolved
- Proactive involvement in business and resource planning processes, to ensure HR input at initial and subsequent stages of business change
Dealing with recruitment & selection procedures, ensuring hiring managers undertake processes in line with best practice policies
- Work with the broader HR Team to collate and review market trends (salaries, working hours, reward and benefits) and to both understand the impact on Supply Chain and propose solutions which are appropriate to the particular circumstances without conflicting with other areas of the business
- Provide support and advice to line managers in respect of recruitment and resourcing (including rightsizing and outplacement Coach and develop management and employee capability
- Act as a change agent; ensuring continuous improvement is embedded throughout the Supply Chain functions.
- Actively promote and take responsibility for embedding a culture of employee engagement within Supply Chain so that the functions are a operation
- Lead by example - responsible for setting Saint-Gobain behaviours which are congruent with SGBD’s competency framework and principles in action.
- To be an ambassador for HR across Supply Chain functions
- To carry out any other duties as required and deemed reasonable by line management.This list is not exclusive - other reasonable duties and projects may be assigned from time to time.
What are the benefits?
In addition to a competitive base salary plus an attractive bonus scheme, you will benefit from a significant focus on your own personal development and also have access to:
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
- 31 days holiday (increasing to 33 days with service)
- Flexible Holiday buy-sell scheme (allowing up to 3 days holiday to be bought or sold).
- A defined share purchasing scheme (Each month you put away an agreed amount from your ‘pre-tax' pay and we use it to buy Saint-Gobain shares for you. As an added bonus, for every four shares you buy Saint-Gobain will give you an extra share free of charge).
- As an you are automatically covered by the Saint-Gobain Life Assurance Scheme.
- Staff discounts and various other benefits.
Please note that we have our own recruitment marketing and search functions alongside an already agreed set of agency partners and will not accept any third party CV’s/Applications from anyone unless invited to do so.