Role Purpose: Working as part of a National Engineering Services team the candidate will have the opportunity work on a variety of projects across the UK and Europe.
As part of this global provider of Real Estate Services we are a specialist group providing commercially focused Engineering Services consultancy to a wide range of blue chip organisations and investors.
We provide survey, design and procurement advice along with on-going management of Engineering Services maintenance contracts, monitoring the overall service delivery on behalf of many blue chip clients and investors.
The National Engineering Services team consists of 40 Building Services Engineers and provides a platform for professional and career development. The Birmingham Engineering team is a developing area of the business which falls within the regional office teams to primarily cover the Midlands region although travel throughout the country is expected.
The ideal candidate will have professional experience within the Engineering Services Industry to ensure work is carried out to a specified standard having had a consultancy or facilities services background and experience of Mechanical and Electrical projects. The preferable candidate will have experience of both Mechanical and Electrical systems.
IT Knowledge to include MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, design software and AutoCAD is preferable.
Excellent career path and opportunity to work in a wide range of high profile buildings within the UK
- Undertake technical due diligence surveys of high profile buildings
- Preparation dilapidations schedules
- Undertake condition surveys
- Produce and manage M&E maintenance tenders
- Preparation of planned preventative maintenance schedules
- Review of licence to alter applications for tenant fit outs
- On site Engineering Services inspections and survey reports
- Engineering Contractor Monitoring
- Prepare M&E designs, calculations and performance specification for M&E engineering systems in buildings
- Prepare budget cost estimates for project designs.
- Project Management of Engineering Services projects
- Act as Engineering consultant as part of a larger project team.
- Producing Engineering Service Lifecycle Plans
- Ability to advise on Engineering Service Compliance
- Maintenance Contractor auditing, monitoring and reporting
- Client meetings and reporting
- Internal & external client development
- Experience working within Real Estate would be an advantage
- Multi-disciplined engineering background
- Demonstrable experience within a similar role
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people of all levels of seniority
- Educated to HNC preferably Degree in Building Services Engineering or equivalent.
- Member of or working towards membership of a professional institution (CIBSE / IMechE / IET)
- IT literate (MS Office / AutoCAD)
- Diligent and pro-active
- Ability to prioritise and act on own initiative.
- Excellent organisational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- A flexible approach to work with a willingness to travel would be essential.
- Desire of working within the Midlands / UK property market
- Working Knowledge of UK standards and legislation relating to Building Services