Senior MI Analyst
Distribution is the lifeblood of the company. Argos as a whole depends on ensuring that customers get the goods they want, when they want them. What the customers don’t see is the vast, sophisticated supply chain and logistics operation that makes it all possible.
We are currently looking to recruit a Home Delivery Snr BI Analyst. This is an amazing opportunity to support the ongoing decision making within the Home Delivery channel by providing access to facts & analysis anytime, anywhere on any device.
In a nutshell, the role is about:
- To provide operational teams with information to support decision making through innovative & visual data outputs with customer at heart of every decision
- To elicit, analyse, design & deliver BI solutions for your designated functional area (s) providing those stakeholders with single point of contact for support, insight and enhancement requests to the BI team
- Build & test changes for business as usual enhancement requests
- This senior role is expected to be self-motived & work from high level objectives; , be responsible for a complex functional area from both a functional & technical perspective and is expected to demonstrate a high degree of competence in several technologies
Interested? Then read on….
Whilst you will be an experienced MI/Data Analyst-Developer the role will cover 4 key responsibility areas::
Customer Engagement: (15%): To engage regularly with the business teams to provide them with a contact point, keeping them aware of current and future developments and to pro-actively challenge and propose improvements to the process and/or reporting solutions.
Project Management (5%) : Manage and prioritise own & team workload to agreed timescales for completion; communicating timely & appropriately any constraints, issues & delays.
Solution Requirements & Design: (25%): To elicit detailed requirements for stakeholders ensuring detailed requirements, formats, audience with clear and unambiguous definitions, assumptions & constraints. Design end to end solution and as appropriate liaise with technical teams to ensure compliance to necessary standards, minimise ongoing support & duplication of data and best practice. Be able to providing appropriately detailed functional specifications for the designated development resources (internal or external).
Solution Development & Testing: (50%) To develop as appropriate to the functional area(s) enhancements to existing solutions and develop new reports/dashboard from existing data sources.. Undertake Acceptance & Performance Testing for developed solutions and implement the solution with the business areas ; managing both the technical deployment activities and the end recipient process, training & adoption tasks.
So that’s what I will be responsible now onto what I need to have to be successful in this role
- Educated to Higher Education standard ideally graduate level or equivalent in a mathematical, scientific, statistical or IT related discipline.
- Solid experience involved in the development of business information.
- Good understanding of business processes; within a supply chain or retail environment.
- Effective communication, inter-personal, influencing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple projects/assignments both within a team and individually.
- Logical & physical Data Modelling skills including star schema & dimension models.
- Excellent knowledge of database administration, design & development skills eg SQL Server - SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, T-SQL, MDS.
- Strong knowledge & practical application of database query language (SQL).
- Strong knowledge and experience of at least 2 reporting development tools e.g. PowerBI, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Microsoft Reporting Services, QlikView, Tableau.
Of course, there is loads more to the role but to find out more click apply and we will be in touch!
What you’ll get in return:
As well as the usual company benefits, which include, 24 days holiday, save as you earn scheme, discretionary annual bonus and company pension scheme, you will work in an exciting environment with the potential to develop your skills for a career that fits with your own aspirations.