GENERAL MANAGER - HOSPITALITY AND ENTERTAINMENT OPERATOR
General Manager - Hospitality and Entertainment Operator - Job Summary
Fantastic General Manager opportunity to work for one of the UK's largest Leisure and Hospitality operators within their field who are currently looking for a driven manager to join their team. Heavily people focused, this branded organisation is known for promoting a great work life balance and providing regular opportunities for progression. Ultimately we are looking for someone who comes from a similar background that is sales driven, dedicated and who is looking to pursue a new challenge and thrives in a fun environment.
General Manager - Hospitality and Entertainment Operator - Role Responsibility
As the General Manager, your role will be to develop the venue, to be the guest's first choice by ensuring they experience outstanding service provided by friendly and knowledgeable staff. To coach, develop, lead and inspire the team to deliver the financial targets and objectives within the required timescales and to the appropriate standard.
As General Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing the business to meet the site objectives and targets.
- Identifying and maximising sales opportunities.
- To maximise profit and minimise loss.
- Developing and improving market share through local marketing in partnership with the marketing department.
- To effectively implement all national and local marketing promotions and campaigns and to constantly review and react to the results.
- To ensure all operational standards are met and delivered effectively in order to create the best environment for both guests and team members.
- To develop the team to deliver exceptional standards of guest service at all times.
- To plan, organise and run shifts.
- Health and safety.
- Effectively resolve guest comments.
- To effectively recruit, appraise and manage performance, in line with company policy and procedures, ensuring that business objectives and targets are achieved within appropriate timescales.
- To effectively prepare staff rotas and manage holiday scheduling of the team.
General Manager - Hospitality and Entertainment Operator - The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate must have previous General Site Management experience within a branded hospitality / entertainment operator including branded restaurants, cafes, bars and entertainment venues. You will also have a background of being able to develop new business through local marketing initiatives.
As General Manager you must also have experience of:
- Delivering training events.
- Developing, coaching team members and conducting appraisals, recruitment interviews and disciplinaries
- Excellent communication skills.
- Passion for excellence.
- Commercial awareness
- Driving sales through New Business
- Be a multifaceted manager
Detail2Leisure is acting as an employment agency. We are the chosen recruitment partner for many of the UKs leading Leisure & Hospitality Organisations.