Compliance Business Partner
Job Title: Compliance Business Partner
Job Sector: General Insurance
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary: Up to £45,000 plus Comprehensive Benefits Package
Job Ref: IM/19382
A market leading National Broker is looking to appoint an experienced General Insurance Compliance Professional to oversee all compliance related matters in this regional role. You will monitor compliance, influence change, implement policies and procedures, report on performance and attend management meetings within the region when necessary.
- Provide support to the Commercial Insurance Compliance Head by promoting compliance with regulatory and ethical standards.
- Ensure communication and training about actual, proposed or pending legislation and regulations that have impacts upon the business; alerting management of trends and risk
- In collaboration act as the primary liaison for all compliance-related communications with Branch Directors.
- Help prepare for regulatory visits (e.g. deep dives, thematic reviews, proactive engagement meetings), compliance monitoring reviews and internal audits.
- Attend where necessary business executive / leadership governance meetings (including executive committees of Managing and Regional Directors); identify and share professional and regulatory risks to the business and work with the business to enhance controls as appropriate.
- To support the business by ensuring that day to day queries on regulatory, process or technical issues are investigated and answered appropriately.
- Providing practical solutions to compliance issues arising within the commercial broking business.
- Promote an open line of communication between compliance and the business to provide the business with updates on current compliance initiatives and projects and vice versa.
- Be a stakeholder on key projects and initiatives in order to help the business succeed in a compliant manner.
- Regularly meet with other control and support functions to discuss key issues or trends and collaborate to enhance the control framework.
- Provide compliance business input to the development of compliance policies so that these policies can be modified to enable their effective application across the wider business.
- Oversee the communication of these central compliance standards, policies and procedures for commercial business, ensuring that these are positioned so that they can work effectively.
- Partner with the business leadership to find effective and efficient methods of simplifying and embedding compliance in their business processes.
- Communicate and oversee compliance with standards for the management of suspected incidents of non-compliance and ensure that escalation standards are followed regarding the reporting of incidents of non-compliance.
About the Company:
- A highly successful and progressive composite general insurance and financial services organisation with a network of offices providing national coverage.
- A company who truly believe in providing an unrivalled level of service to all their clients.
- When you become part of their team, your commitment will be rewarded with a competitive benefits package.
- They provide a coaching and training programme to enable you to develop further.
- You will also be encouraged and supported to gain further professional qualifications.
Key Skills/Experience Required:
- Minimum Cert Cii qualified.
- Extensive experience of operating in the compliance department of a commercial insurance broker or insurance company.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations, of general insurance.
- Broad and use of the FCA Handbook; Principles, Rules and Guidelines.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of insurance principles, products and services.
- Some travel will be required to other regional office locations within the company and as such access to transport and a current driving license is essential.
A generous salary of up to £45,000 (dependent on experience and qualifications).
Comprehensive benefits package to include Pension, Group Life, PHI, EAP, Travel Expenses and generous holiday allowance.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 72 hours of receiving your application.
Due to the overwhelming Application response we receive through various sources should you not hear from us within one week then please assume your application has been unsuccessful.