Laser Physicist - NPD
The R&D team at this renowned midlands -based laser development company have a brand new role for an experienced Laser Physicist. The Laser Physicist will play a key role in developing high powered solid state laser systems for both industrial applications and academic research in areas such as imaging, sensing, lighting and manufacturing. This is a job for a Laser Physicist who wants to see their research & development work manifest into truly world class products!
Based in in Warwickshire ( M1 / M6 corridor), this laser company have been leaders in the field of pulsed and CW Nd:YAG and Nd:YLF lasers for the over twenty years. The company invest heavily in R&D to ensure that they stay a market leader in their field. This includes constantly evolving the existing technology portfolio as well as developing brand new, highly innovative, laser systems in addition to exploring new markets and applications.
The Physicist will work in a small but growing R&D team designing, testing and developing laser systems and the associated electronic and optical equipment. This is an excellent role for a self-starting and "hands on" laser physicist with a desire to further develop their career in laser systems at a company that actively encourages innovation -and truly values their employees as their biggest and most important asset!
Requirements Laser Physicist / Laser Development Engineer:
- Masters degree ( MPhys, MSc, MPhil, MRes, MA etc) 2.1 or 1st in Physics or Applied Physics
- A PhD would be preferred but is certainly not essential
- Experience of developing high powered solid state lasers systems.
- Experience of developing CW Nd:YAG and Nd:YLF lasers would be ideal but not essential.
- Experience of mechanical design ideal but not essential.
- Self-starter with an ability to work autonomously or as part of a team.
- Willing to travel occasionally - sometimes at short notice.
For further details on the role / company please contact Alex Hannigan-Train at Vector Recruitment Ltd