Software Manager / Architect (Embedded, Safety Critical, Realtime, V M
Software Manager / Architect (Embedded, Safety Critical, Realtime, V Model)
GBPNeg excellent + benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast growing, innovative, high technology medical devices company, developing an advanced system for use both in the home and in medical centres that will significantly improve the quality of life of the patients involved. The product is unique and set to make a significant impact on a multi-billion dollar global market.
The Software Technical Architect will provide technical leadership in the following areas:
- The creation and evolution of the software content of the company's software products
- Product development and assurance
- Compliance with risk management and medical device regulations.
The successful candidate will need to be expert in the design of software architecture for embedded systems in a safety critical, high integrity or real-time environment and it is essential that they have experience in embedded "C", SCRUM and the V Model.
- Production quality designs completed, manufactured and successfully tested, satisfying all technical, safety, quality and commercial requirements
- Design and test documentation completed to Quality Management System (QMS) standards and for inclusion in regulatory technical files.
- Problem management - issues identified, prioritized and resolved with required time frames.
- Product reliability - software designs reliable in field use.
- Requirements Management & Traceability: DOORS, CaliberRM (or equivalent)
- Embedded Real Time Software Architecture & Design, Design patterns
- Software Design and Interface Documentation, Enterprise Architect, Doxygen
- Programming Languages:
- MISRA C
- C# / .NET for Windows CE and PC applications
- Microcontrollers - STM32 family, using IAR tool chain (or equivalent)
- Multithreaded application development: FreeRTOS / SafeRTOS (or equivalent)
- Engineering Degree or demonstrated equivalent professional competence
- 5 years plus hands-on delivery of complex, real-time control software
- Track record of creating and deploying new software designs.
- Track record of sustaining, extending and improving existing software designs / codebases
- Evaluating and successfully deploying new software tools and technologies, delivering business benefits.
- Risk management to ensure product safety.
- Software control of electromechanical technology
- Software engineering responsibility for commercial volume solutions preferably healthcare.
- Working to a QMS compliant with international standards (ISO 9001, ISO 13485, EN 62304), covering the complete software product lifecycle.