Technical Information Author/Engineer
The role in a nutshell:
The purpose of Technical Information Author/Engineer is to act as a single point of contact for the development of the complete or specific elements of a TSB from the engineering input stage through to the delivery of the TSB on TOPIx. This includes different TSB types and sub elements.
What you will be doing:
- Approval or rejection of the engineering input document (SCR) to support the development of the TSB.
- Development of the most efficient and effective service repair procedure (SRP) in line with engineering input and requirements
- Development of SRP using CAD data or physical vehicle.
- Development of illustrations to support the SRP using either CAD or other engineering input.
- Develop the most efficient and effective warranty labour time based off of the SRP using the client authoring system (ATD)
- Carry out SRP physical validation on vehicle to verify and confirm the SRP is correct.
- Carry our peer to peer reviews for quality, consistency for the TSB's that are created within the team. Identify process and quality improvements that can be made on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Lead, review and release weekly status report showing an accurate status of each TSB in development and the overall project status.
What we expect from you:
- Expert in client systems (Odyssey), ATD, VisMock Up (Other CAD packages) and proficient in Microsoft (and other) proprietary software, such as Project Word, Excel, Access and case management tools such as JIRA
- Expert in TAS authoring and terminology standards
- Proven ability, and/or formal qualifications in Technical Communication principles, tools, methodologies and standards
- Good communications skills - excellent written English and highly numerate.
- Expert knowledge and experience with issue identification, investigation and resolution
- HNC/HND in Automotive or business-related experience
- Significant automotive industry technical experience ideally with a Main dealer network as a Master, Service or Diagnostic technician