Integrated Logistical Support (ILS) Engineer
Our client specialises in the development and manufacture of pump solutions serving a variety of industries including marine, defence, utilities and process industries. Due to continued growth, the company now seek an experienced ILS Engineer.
This is a tremendous opportunity play a pivotal role within an industry leading international company. The organisation is focused on achieving success through the continuous professional development of its people.
The ideal candidate will be a professionally qualified and experienced Mechanical Engineer, reporting to the Head of Projects and Engineering (Denmark). As a proven and experienced ILS specialist, you will be responsible for mechanical designs, collecting, calculating and evaluating ILS-data and providing reports for sales projects.
You will be an integral part of the organisations technical solutions team, optimising product design and life cycle through:
• Performance of ILS activities in accordance with defined ILS specifications, including but not limited to Reliability and Maintainability analysis, modelling and reporting; Life Cycle Costing; maintenance task analysis and maintenance planning; obsolescence management; Logistic Support Analysis.
• Preparation and review of ILS deliverables, including supplier ILS deliverables
• Provide ILS input to and support for the generation of requirements specifications.
• Perform configuration management documentation via the S1000D standard.
• Perform and document Failure Mechanism Analysis.
• Deliver assigned work packages to the agreed timescale, cost and quality - both in own deliveries and through sub suppliers.
As you will be the 'go to' expert on ILS within the company, you will need to network extensively within the organization and will have a high profile role with key customers. You should therefore be prepared to travel (UK and International) as and when required.
Ideally, +5 years' experience in the field of engineering and ILS engineering in an international customer and project-oriented environment combined with a relevant technical education. In addition:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are imperative as well as excellent computer skills (Office package)
• Ideally, minimum graduate level engineering qualification
• Proven track record in managing the delivery of ILS requirements.
• A full working knowledge of JSP 886 and Def Stan 00-600.
• You have a natural flair for numbers and a firm hand on handling complex data
• You are a team player and a strong communicator