CALIBRATION Engineer - Apex MA
- Diesel Calibration Engineer - Performance and Emissions An experienced diesel calibration engineer is required to join an established team working on future engine applications and technologies. The role involves both engine test bed and vehicle based calibration activities to optimise performance and emisisons to meet both legislative and customer specific targets. Experience in aspects of diesel combustion and emissions would therefore be highly preferable.
- Diesel Calibration
- Technical analysis and problem solving
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in identifying and solving root cause of complex combustion or emissions calibration related problems. Experienced user of engineering tools such as Matlab, Simulink, DIADEM, INCA, AVL Concerto, Cameo and CRETA.
- Experience of working within a calibration team and applying and improving methods, processes and engineering tools.
- Fundamental understanding of diesel engine, combustion and aftertreatment operation and control theory required.
- Minimum qualification of a degree (or equivalent) in relevant engineering subject, preferably Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 2-5 years' experience in a diesel calibration team in an emissions or performance function. Master of Science or Phd qualification preferred.
- Experience applying control theory preferred.
- Knowledge of thermodynamics desirable. Interpretation and specification of emissions and/or aftertreatment simulation data.
- Experience/knowledge applying Design of Experiments (DOE) tools.
- Experience in the application of model based calibrations desirable.
- Gaydon and Whitley Ability and willingness to support overseas testing as part of the role (USA and Europe) is required - typically, these can be for up to 3 weeks at a time and up to four times per year.
- The candidate must be able to demonstrate professionalism, diligence and a focus on technical delivery in a calibration team environment.