Business Support Assistant
4 days left
- Contract Type
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Business Support Assistant to join our Living Places business unit to work across Herefordshire
What you'll be doing
As a Business Support Assistant you will:
- Manage and prioritise workload to meet required contract deadlines.
- Maintain appropriate records, ordering and financial control for stationery, photocopying, training, facility supplies, mobile phones, IT provisions, vending machine goods and other costs as required managing within budget.
- Ensure accuracy and compliance when processing business critical data, e.g. H&S, waste returns, mileage, payroll records, orders, invoices, training records, plant and fleet etc.
- Focus, be flexible, approachable and knowledgeable to meet the needs of the business
- Undertake office facilities management tasks including post and reception duties and support to the Operational Control Centre to include taking calls and queries.
Who we're looking for
- Work well as part of a team but can work on own using initiative
- Have excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to multi task
- Have a good academic standard to include A-C English and Maths or equivalent
- Be able to prioritise and manage own time effectively and work well under pressure
- Have good communication skills both verbal and written
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
The way we live our lives is changing fast: where and how we live, work, travel, shop, relax and socialise. The evolving nature of our society means we all need to shape our environment to meet a complex array of individual and collective needs.
Wherever investment in these environments is needed, Living Places works in partnership with Local Authorities to consult, finance, design, build and manage the essential place infrastructure that local communities and national economies need to prosper and grow.
We are right at the heart of a dynamic 'place shaping' agenda that brings Local Authorities, local communities, Central Government, and the Private Sector together to create safe, sustainable, flexible and dynamic public spaces geared to community social need, economic growth and personal well-being as well as being environmentally sustainable.
The provision of maintenance services for highways is only a small part of what is really needed. Our focus has moved beyond the 'road' to deliver the potential of the 'street': a dynamic public place that connects and combines local community and business needs, encourages social interaction and helps pedestrians, motorists, bus riders, and cyclists to coexist safely. Building great public spaces with resource efficient assets enables functional, flexible and inspirational places to be at the heart of the community.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists