Technician - Jaguar
Jardine Motors Group is one of the largest and most successful automotive retailers in the UK, working at the forefront of the industry and pushing the boundaries of what a modern retail experience delivers to both customers and employees. We are dedicated to delivering unparalleled customer service and exceptional opportunities for our colleagues.
Established more than four decades ago, Jardine Motors Group has grown from a family-run vehicle retailer to the representative of 24 manufacturers in over 75 locations. We combine the best of traditional family business values with the cutting edge retail experience that our customers desire.
Jardine Motors Group is part of the one of the world's largest and most successful corporations in the world: Jardine Matheson. Since 1832, Jardines has prospered, developing multiple groups in a variety of business sectors, some of which include: Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group; JLT, a leading London-listed provider of insurance; Hongkong Land, a listed property group with some 800,000 sq.m. of prime commercial property in Asia, and Dairy Farm, a retail group operating over 6,400 outlets. To find out more about Jardine Matheson, click here: .
Overview of role
Are you looking for a unique opportunity to shine in a progressive business representing some of the world's most iconic automotive brands?
With people at the core of our strategy we are discerning about whom we employ, we expect every colleague to have high levels of integrity, be passionate about their role and take ownership of their customers' needs in line with our core values. We are looking for someone that has a desire to succeed, has outstanding communication and influencing skills and also possesses a proven track record of success.
Committed to growing our business, an opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Vehicle Technician with a proven track record of success to join our team.
Duties, Responsibilities & Person Specification
• To perform all work assigned in a timely manner, economically and to Company and Manufacturer's standards.
• To advise Controller if additional work is required on a vehicle and seek their assistance and authority in the rectification of faults
• To maintain a high level of competence for the work to be undertaken by undergoing on-site training, attending courses at suppliers and manufacturer's and reading technical bulletins as required
• To discuss with customers, problems with the vehicle as requested.
• To ensure the Company image of professionalism and quality of service is maintained when dealing with customers.
• To operate equipment and carry out all duties in a safe manner
• To maintain equipment, protective clothing and work areas in a clean, tidy and safe condition
• To assist management with the introduction of new methods of work designed to improve efficiency
• To carry out any other duties as required
Relevant Experience & Qualifications Required
• NVQ Level 3 qualified or equivalent.
• Have a minimum of 2 years' post apprenticeship experience.
• Previous experience within a mains dealer is desirable although not essential.
• Be able to comply with all company and manufacturer's disciplines and procedures
When you join Jardine Motors Group you will have the opportunity to develop a fast-moving progressive career, and assume accountability for delivering the highest levels of service. We believe that by identifying your potential and investing in your future, you will be able to develop skills and gain the experience that will enhance your career prospects.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, you will also have access to a range of other benefits including, annual leave purchase scheme, bonus scheme, childcare voucher scheme, vehicle and cycle to work purchase schemes, preferential service rates, pension scheme and life assurance.