Area Manager - West Midlands
This role will suit an individual who has current Area Manager experience in a fast pace retail environment. You should be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills and show how you have made a difference in your career history. You will be required to lead and develop a successful area of stores and be responsible for delivering business targets and results.
The role is field based within a defined geography and will require a commitment of regular visits with a focus on support, advice and coaching. Applicants should be prepared to travel within UK and relocate if necessary.
Responsibilities of an Area Manager
Ensure that a safety culture and practical strategies are actioned and developed and maintained throughout the business as well as creating an open environment where safety matters of any nature are openly discussed and actioned.
- A team first approach where care for customer, team member is paramount and sets an example of this by providing strong and inspirational team management.
- Provide coaching, support and guidance to store management teams in a manner which allows them to act with appropriate levels of autonomy, whilst also holding them accountable and ensuring compliance with company policy and execution of strategy.
- Ensure the development of the Bunnings culture through the implementation and follow-up of "Vision and Values" programs. Ensure that workforce planning is in place, through actively identifying and recruiting talent and maintaining a development pipeline enabling growth of the business.
- Drives service and commerciality for the Area and persistently reviews KPI performance taking appropriate actions where required
- Delivers performance targets holding self and Store Managers accountable and champions and models the principles of leadership and performance management.
Key Result Areas
- Customer Service - Ensures continuous improvement of customer service standards and ensure that stores recruit and roster with customer and Team member needs in mind and in-line with our 'Best Service' offer.
- Stock Management - In conjunction with the appropriate functions, ensure that stock levels are at the appropriate levels whilst ensuring a maximum in-stock situation occurs at store level and consistent with our 'Widest Range' pillar, including maximising range appropriate to each location.
- Loss Prevention - Minimise shrinkage through appropriate administrative controls and high in-store awareness.
- Sales - Maximise sales opportunities through strong in-store support to company marketing activities (advertising, etc) and by ensuring each store offer is appropriate to the local market conditions and coordinating area activities to identify, create, and maximise opportunities.
- Budgets - Prepare store budgets in conjunction with Store Managers that are realistic and are aligned to company goals.
- Expense Control - Ensure all controllable expenses are in line with budget and relative to sales performance whilst still allowing for the maximisation of sustainable opportunities.
- Large multi-site management experience
- Strong sales experience gained within a dynamic stores environment
- Ability to lead and motivate a large teams
- Strong communication and influencing skills, financial acumen and cost management
- Ability to build trust and influence through the development effective working relationships across functional areas
- High attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving, prioritising and organisational skills