Assistant Accountant - P/T - Temporary leading to Permanent
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join a leading company based in Tamworth.
An independent distributor , working with 'highend' products and a well recognised name within their industry with over 25 years experience.
The successful candidate will support the Finance Manager in a number of areas including the preparation of monthly management accounts and reconciliation of all accompanying balance sheet control accounts, along with the monitoring of cash flows, forecasts and budgets , plus the usual day to day assistance associated with the running on an efficient finance function. The role requires applicants who are methodical , have a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
* The production and consolidation of monthly financial/ management accounts and daily snap shot reports.
* Ownership of all control account reconciliations
* Monthly cash forecasting and the communication of forecasts
* Communication with external parties ( Such as bank and external accounts support)
* Deal with revenue recognition, tax, pension and other accounting queries & issues
* Audit - work with internal and external audit teams to achieve efficient audits
* Sales & Purchase Ledger
* Reporting - prepare monthly schedules for accruals, credits and pre-payments
* Prepare EC sales reports for HM revenue and customs
* Invoice finance reconciliations
* Projects , analysis and investigations as required
Who we are looking for :-
At times the role is pressurised so we need an applicant who works well under pressure and highly organised, who knows when it is appropriate to seek advice or authority. Motivated and conscientious and able to keep calm during peak periods, Team player and versatile to work alone and on your own initiative - knowledge of Sage 200 and advanced level when using Excel
This is an immediate position working Monday - Friday 9.00am - 3.00pm, hourly rate to be negotiated - and their is an opportunity that this role could lead to a permanent position