Buyer (Residential Developer)
GBP30k - GBP35k + Benefits
We are currently searching for a Buyer, for our client a highly successful housing developer that has experienced steady growth and has established themselves as a leading name in the Residential market. Their projects are all based in the Coventry area, making this a great opportunity for an individual in the area looking for a local opportunity.
- Support the procurement and implementation of group sourcing arrangements.
- Support the Lead Buyers as required with regards to efficient and effective plant and material purchasing function for the group
- Actively contribute to enhancing group profits;
- Support the strategic procurement of group sourcing arrangements;
- Category Management - Support the Lead Buyer (Categories) in providing ongoing management of (in conjunction with the Lead Buying Team) on behalf of group for all strategic sourcing arrangements;
- Champion the implementation of strategic sourcing arrangements across group. Track and report material and plant fluctuations.
- Provide pre-tender commercial input to ensure accurate net cost estimates and competitive advantage;
- Attendance and participation in Design Team Meetings to influence and steer specifications towards most commercially advantageous solutions;
- Maintain and publish regular and accurate management reporting demonstrating the effectiveness of the central purchasing function and contribution to the group profit improvement / efficiency plan;
- Drive the development of improved purchasing processes and procedures;
- Participate and contribute to regular group purchasing meetings and forums to communicate developments, share good practice and up skill our people.
- Participate in establishing the group as the industry leader in Supply Chain Management.
- A clear buying background with a housing developer
- Experience with New Build Projects from start to completion
- A good understanding of ISO9000 and ISO14001 policies
You will have:
- A strong knowledge of current pricing levels
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Computer literate and numerate
- Experience of the scheduling and quantifying of materials
About the Offer:
On offer for the successful Buyer, is a competitive salary of up to GBP35k + Benefits (dependant on experience)
If you feel that you have the relevant experience to be successful in this position and would like to find out more please apply online today attaching a copy of your current CV.
Due to the vast amount of applications that we receive, it is not possible for us to contact all applicants; therefore only suitable candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear anything back within 7 days of submitting your application, you have unfortunately not been selected.
Linsco are an Equal Opportunities employer. All applications will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.