Working at Cargill is an opportunity to thrive-a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningful work that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to work for a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishing people. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will grow personally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talented people in your field. With over 150 years of experience, Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. We have 150,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work. Learn more at .
Job location: Allensmore, Herefordshire
Cargill's European poultry business is a leading supplier of food products to retail, foods service and food manufacturing customers in both European and global markets. By combining global market knowledge and experience with local market understanding and insight, Cargill's European poultry business is committed to expanding its business and markets through innovation, and by creating real customer and consumer value in its products and services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of Cargill's European poultry businesses agricultural finance operation, in relation to our feed mill, veterinary laboratory, farms and hatcheries. This includes management reporting and advising managers on financial reports. The position holder will be required to cover the other Agriculture Accountants for periods of holiday and in doing so will get experience with other areas of our Agricultural operations.
- Prepare weekly and monthly management reporting packs to meet business requirements and standard accounting practices
- Prepare regular reports and analysis to enable operational teams to manage the business, including; cost centre reports, sales and margin analysis
- Ensure monthly balance sheet reconciliations are carried out accurately and on-time, and perform timely review of reconciliations
- Establish and maintain the financial controls necessary to ensure integrity and accuracy of management and financial accounts and balance sheet
- Forecasting and budgeting in line with business requirements
- Evaluate capital expenditure proposals, assist in the preparation of project appraisals, and conduct post-implementation reviews on major areas of capital expenditure
- Ad hoc, dealing with queries, developing reports, process improvements and maintaining pricing
- Qualified or part-qualified through any of the following accounting bodies: ICAEW, ACA, CIMA, ACCA - essential
- Proven experience working in finance
- Effective organizational skills, including time-management and prioritization
- Broad experience of Microsoft Excel skills including V-lookups, Pivot Tables and data manipulation
- Previous experience of management reporting in a manufacturing/agriculture business; preferably with experience of agriculture desirable but not essential