Financial Crime Manager - Large Retail Bank
Our client is a Birmingham based Retail Bank, looking to recruit a Financial Crime Manager to support the existing Head of Financial Crime and to manage & oversee the Financial Crime team in day-to-day operations & development.
You will work as part of the wider Financial Crime team, working closely with the business in the maintenance of existing policy, the creation of wider policy to compliment the business aims and to ensure that the business is at no risk in all aspects of financial crime. You will also work closely with the team to manage and streamline the effectiveness of its members, ensuring the team is performing to business objectives
In addition, other responsibilities will include:
- Oversight of team member's work, ensuring its quality.
- Manage projects both personally and within a team.
- Act as a senior advisor on AML / Fraud matters within the team & the wider business.
- Act as a point of contact for escalations in review areas, and ensure appropriate steps are taken to address issues.
You will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of Financial Crime regulations, with experience of an AML / Fraud role in the banking space.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of managing a Financial Crime team preferred, but not necessary.
- Extensive knowledge of core Financial Crime regulations, namely AML / Fraud.
- The ability to act on your own initiative.
- Organisational prowess and the ability to work by yourself and as part of a team.