Children's Residential Support Worker
Are you a qualified and experienced Residential Support Worker who is looking for a new challenge? Do you enjoy supporting and working with children and young people? We are looking for a dynamic, experienced and qualified support worker to work within the Halesowen area
You will be working for a family run organisation that is dedicated to providing quality support and care to children and young people. The company ethos is to cater for diverse young people in order to maximise the potential for a sustainable and successful placement, the wishes and feeling of the young people are at the heart of what is done on a daily basis ensuring they are considered in the care planning process. A salary of £18- £20K per annum plus sleep in allowance of £3k is being offered along with excellent training, career development and progression.
You will be responsible for
- Responsible for ensuring that the standard of care is at the highest in relation to the young persons physical, behavioural and emotional needs.
- Implementing firm but fair boundaries and structure to the young persons lives.
- Organising and participating in activities, assisting with household duties, attending meetings with social workers and other health and social care professionals.
- Ensuring the homes policies and procedures and followed and adhered to at all times.
For this role it is imperative that you
- Have the NVQ3 in children and young people/ Level 3 diploma or equivalent qualification
- Experience of working within a residential setting where you supported children and young people with challenging behaviours and complex needs
- Hold a full driving licence
- Are happy to work on a shift rota system of 2 days on and 4 days off that includes working weekends and bank holidays
- Have excellent communication skills, are a great team player, are flexible and have can do attitude
If you feel you are the ideal person for this role and are committed to making a difference to the lives of children and young people please forward your CV
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75961389