Service Engineer - Food - Midlands - £30k Van, bonus & benefits
Our exclusive client are a manufacturer and supplier of processing equipment into the food manufacturing sector. They have been established for over 25 years and are the leading suppliers of specialist cutting machinery to many of the major food manufacturing companies and sites in the UK.
Due to growth they now have an urgent requirement for Field based Service Engineer to be based in the Midlands. This position will provide full engineering support and after sales services on our clients range of machinery.
The responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- To provide a complete Engineering and Technical Service for the client's range of machinery and equipment at Customer premises mainly in the Meat, Poultry and food related Industries.
- Install their full range of machinery and equipment, fault find, repair, modify, and carry out complete overhauls. Be able to demonstrate, give training to Operators and Customer Engineers as necessary.
- Report any new Sales opportunities that may develop within our business sectors informing the relevant Sales Manager.
- Dealing with Customer queries, problems, and breakdowns over the telephone. Interact with the Customer Contact team to provide an economic and satisfactory outcome for our Customers.
- Must have the drive and initiative to see a job through to completion and ready for production next morning.
- Good planning skills, co-ordinating at all times with the Field Service Manager and Service co-ordinator to plan the most cost-effective routing and management of your workload.
- You may be required to assist in the training of new and existing members of the Engineering/Sales team and you must be able to work with contactors, customers and their Site Engineers, including in the future to oversee the training of customers staff.
- Ensure all chargeable time is accounted for and invoiced correctly.
- Ensure all your time allocation is correctly logged in the Engineering system with regards to what the activity is and accurate time recorded for it.
The ideal candidate will be a time served Maintenance / Service Engineer with experience working in the food industry, ideally with experience of working on food cutting machinery.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75971838