Gymnastics/Trampolining Instructor x 2 (Casual) Wyndley Leisure Centre
Birmingham Community Leisure Trust is committed to providing a safe, warm, clean, friendly, fun environment for the local community at an affordable cost. Honesty, integrity and a positive, can-do attitude are key to helping us deliver this mission and are values we expect from each individual.
Opened in 1970, Wyndley Leisure Centre is the largest leisure centre of its kind in Birmingham. A number of facilities are available at the centre including a main pool, teaching pool, diving boards, 8 lane 400m running track, all weather pitch, sports hall, dance studio, creche and much more.
We are currently recruiting for 2 x Gymnastics/Trampolining Instructor to work on an as and when basis. The role will cover shifts of morning’s/afternoon’s or evenings during Monday - Sunday.
Salary: £7.85 - £9.50 per hour.
To instruct individuals or groups in the art of gymnastics or other associated activities. The gymnastics instructor will have responsibility for the safety and skill advancement of pupils in their care.
Main Duties and Responsibilities;
- To provide schemes of work and lesson plans relevant to the instruction being undertaken.
- To ensure the safe use and storage of any equipment required during instruction.
- To record information relevant to each lesson’s content and any other associated information.
- To complete a pupil’s report for each pupil taught prior to the end of each course.
- To attend parent/teacher meetings at the completion of each term as required.
- To attend badge assessment sessions as required.
- To promote and support the Gymnastics Scheme.
- To provide assistance to the Co-ordinator, when needed, and to provide an effective dry side service.
- To report all incidents/accidents/complaints to the Duty Manager immediately.
Essential / Desirable Skills for the role;
- Hold a Gymnastics and or trampolining Qualification Level 1 is essential.
- Proven experience of working in a similar role or environment is essential.
- Hold a Gymnastics Qualification Level 2 is desirable.
- Good class management and motivation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of current gymnastics teaching practices.
- Good customer care and communication skills.
- Health & Safety training/awareness.
- The ability to deal with customers of all age groups and levels of ability.
- CIMPSA – advantageous but not essential
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76035794