Portfolio Risk Manager
Champion implementation of the risk process and standards across the directorate; establishing, embedding and maintaining the consolidated portfolio risk register; contributing to the development of directorate risk policies and procedures; and providing risk management guidance to programme risk managers.
Day to Day:
- As the subject matter expert support the Portfolio Controls Manager in developing and embedding the directorate risk management process and undertake reviews to ensure effective risk management processes are being implemented.
- Provide advice and guidance to the Programme Risk Managers in the application of the process and on the classification and reporting of risks; ensure that the process is understood and fully utilised so that risks are effectively recognised and managed.
- Facilitate risk management workshops where required and establish and maintain the directorate risk register ensuring that all risks have owners assigned, and action plans which are implemented in a timely manner.
- Look across the Portfolio as a whole and assist the programme teams to recognise opportunities to minimise risk through inter-programme and inter-project co-operation and synergy.
- Implement an opportunity identification process and ensure all opportunities have owners responsible for investigating and realising opportunities. Maintain an opportunities log and ensure that opportunities are captured on the Efficiency register as they are realised.
- Proven understanding of Major Projects activities and organisation and how the Directorate relates to the broader Highways England organisation
- Proven experience of implementing risk management processes and developing appropriate risk mitigation strategies.
- Proven experience of working in a complex programme and project environment
- Proven experience of capturing, analysing and reporting risk management data at a programme or portfolio level
- Proven experience of training and / or coaching others to develop and put into practice risk management knowledge and skills
- A proven track record of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders and evidence of skills to influence relationships for positive outcomes.
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application.
You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us: so please tell us how your skills, experience and qualifications meet both the role, and Highways England, requirements.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible
Help keep England moving. We look forward to hearing from you.
For a full list of our vacancies please apply at recruitment.highways.gov.uk/
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76036615