According to Wikipedia a freight forwarder, forwarder, or forwarding agent, is also known as a non-vessel operating common carrier (NVOCC).
We’re looking for someone who will happily title themselves as any of the above and is seeking an opportunity that will provide challenge, development and the chance to work for a large and hugely successful business.
As an experienced freight forwarder or NVOCC you’ll have a rough idea of your day to day duties;
- You’ll be organising transport on the basis of customer requirements
- You’ll be ensuring that profit margins are maintained and all operational standards are adhered to
You’ll also be involved in growing your portfolio, managing your supplier and customer base, providing some analysis of performance, margin, you’ll be tracking your customer shipments and ensuring that all deliveries are made safely and effectively.
In other words, this is a really well-rounded role with scope to use your freight forwarding experience, your analytical skills, your commercial nous and help with business process improvements.
If this sounds like you then all we ask at application stage is you can tick this one very important box;
- You must have Road Freight Forwarding experience
- If you’ve got a second or third European language that would be a bonus
- You’ll have good MS Office skills
- And you’ll be a strong communicator.
If you’re ambitious, like a challenge, want to be kept busy and are looking for some development then this could be an ideal next step for you.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76108473